ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System
A quality management system (QMS) is defined as a formalized system that documents processes, procedures, and responsibilities for achieving quality policies and objectives. A QMS helps coordinate and direct an organization’s activities to meet customer and regulatory requirements and improve its effectiveness and efficiency on a continuous basis.
ISO 9001:2015, the international standard specifying requirements for quality management systems, is the most prominent approach to quality management systems. While some use the term “QMS” to describe the ISO 9001 standard or the group of documents detailing the QMS, it actually refers to the entirety of the system. The documents only serve to describe the system.
Benefit of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System
Implementing a quality management system affects every aspect of an organization’s performance. Benefits of a documented quality management system include:
- Meeting the customer’s requirements, which helps to instill confidence in the organization, in turn leading to more customers, more sales, and more repeat business
- Meeting the organization’s requirements, which ensures compliance with regulations and provision of products and services in the most cost- and resource-efficient manner, creating room for expansion, growth, and profit
These benefits offer additional advantages, including:
- Defining, improving, and controlling processes
- Reducing waste
- Preventing mistakes
- Lowering costs
- Facilitating and identifying training opportunities
- Engaging staff
- Setting organization-wide direction
- Communicating a readiness to produce consistent results
- Attract new business opportunities
- Meet customers’ requirements for ISO 9001:2015
- Improve customer satisfaction
- Enhance company reputation
- Identify and eliminate organizational risks
- Improve operations and reduce waste
How to Become an ISO 9001 Certified Company
Any organization in any industry has the ability to become ISO 9001:2015 certified. ISO 9001:2015 has been designed to be more inclusive of other organizations, beyond the manufacturing industry. The following are 7 steps organizations can take to start the journey towards ISO 9001 certification:
- Learn more about the requirements ISO 9001:2015 standard by reading the standard.
- Ensure adequate resources are in place to implement ISO 9001, including time and team members. Involve leadership in implementing the ISO 9001 management system.
- Perform an analysis of your organization’s operations, and identify gaps to ISO 9001:2015 requirements.
- Design and develop required ISO 9001:2015 management system documentation, including a quality policy, quality objectives and procedures. Our ISO 9001:2015 documentation package is a cost-effective solution to jumpstart your implementation.
- Work on ensuring the requirements of the ISO 9001 QMS are activity being implemented and complied with.
- Perform an ISO 9001:2015 internal audit. This may require employees undergoing additional ISO 9001 internal auditor training.
- Successfully undergo a certification body audit. Watch our webinar for key strategies on how to pass your certification body audit, stress-free.
Please send us a mail to let us know your requirements